DFA: No Filipino hurt in Pakistan attacks

Pakistan mourns attack victims; army launches crackdown on militants

The Latest: Death toll from Pakistan attacks climbs to 73

The United States has "strongly" condemned the June 23 terrorist attacks in Pakistan's cities of Parachinar and Quetta that left at least 85 dead.

Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, a sectarian Sunni extremist group, claimed the bombings in Parachinar, a Shiite-dominated town. The blast was claimed by both the local affiliate of the Islamic State terror group and by Jamaat-ul-Ahrar (JuA), a splinter group of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.

In another attack, militants in the port city of Karachi, in Sindh province, opened fire on police officers at a roadside restaurant and killed four of them before fleeing.

The US today strongly condemned the multiple blasts and firing in three Pakistani cities that killed over 60 people and injured almost 100 others. Knowing this, the authorities should have been better prepared to deal with the attacks, especially since militant groups have long carried out such "double dip" attacks, and their aftermath.

Following the incident, the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said security had been tightened across the country and special intelligence based operations and search operations were launched. Army spokesman Major General Asif Ghafoor said that security has been tightened across the country.

The ministry also confirmed that there was no Malaysian casualty in the attacks.

The word "enemy" is reserved for India but sometimes it is also used for those using Afghanistan for anti-Pakistan activities.

Hours later, two bombs went off back to back in the northwestern town of Parachinar, targeting a crowded market in the semiautonomous Kurram tribal district near the Afghan border. Most casualties occurred in Parachinar as a second bomb went off when people gathered at the place of the first explosion.

Amazon to lower prices at Whole Foods
McCullers solid in return as Astros top Mariners